Tuesday 26 January 2010

Easy SE1

Sunny.
Current temperature 2 degree Celsius.
Feels like -2 degree Celsius.

Perhaps not the best day to forget one's thermal base layer. Luckily I was saved by my yellow emergency wind-proof(ish) gilet.

Following Sunday's exertion the legs ached yesterday but felt much better today. However, didn't feel recovered enough for speedwork so gave the Rockets a miss and went for an easy run along the Old Kent Road (why not?). The very same lunchtime Kenny was busy pumping out 6:20 miles with the National Grid elite while I was happy to plod around covering a mile every nine minutes. Spooky role reversal or what?

Did seven miles - no specific aches or pains - but legs did feel a bit tired. Not sure what the rest of the week has in store. Simon is making positive Locket Rocket noises so guess I'll be back up their with my Niall replacement soon.

2 comments:

  1. exactly what does a locket rocket sound like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know as I've never been close enough to hear....

    ReplyDelete