Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas Eve Easy

With sheet ice pavements in Harpenden I was glad to be in central London today.

The Rockets had an early meeting time of 11:00, but with the gym closing at midday I was unable to partake. Instead I headed out west with the aim of getting to Hyde Park. I got as far as Hyde Park Corner, but ever conscious of the deadline for getting back, didn't have time to cross into the park.

Came back an unorthodox route taking in St James Square, Waterloo Place (nowhere near Waterloo Station), Trafalgar Square, The Strand, Lincoln's Inn Field (nowhere near Lincoln) and Holborn Viaduct.

Runners were very thin on the ground. In fact in the time I was out I saw just one other person - I guess mulled wine and mince pies are more appealing than running in the drizzle at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment