Sunday 1 November 2009

Wet Sunday

The weather forecast was right. The rain pelted down through the night and as the morning wore on it didn’t look like stopping anytime soon. A quick check on a random weather website and it didn’t look good – 100% chance of precipitation through to early afternoon. By 10:30 I had reached the now or never moment. Cup of tea and Sunday papers or, well there wouldn’t be a blog entry if I hadn’t taken the “or” option and got kitted up for a run.

The theory was any run would be better than no run – even if it was a quick 20 minutes dash through the deluge. However, as it happens, the rain had stopped by the time I got outside, although the wind was still howling.

With a bit of guess work and linking together sections from previous runs I put together a six mile anti-clockwise loop taking in the delights of the M60, the River Mersey and Stockport town centre (or is it a city?). Only one hill of note - I guess a road called Lancashire Hill was never likely to be flat.

Only downer was running past Halfords knowing I needed a replacement car fuse for the one I blew on Friday (my stupid) but not having any money with me - duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment