Thursday 18 June 2009

Short Fuse Rockets

Today’s Rocket’s session was very much of the short sharp shock variety. Three batches each of three reps. Batch one: 400m reps every three minutes. Batch two: 300m reps every two and half minutes. Batch three: 200m reps every two minutes.

Niall was there feigning illness and to be fair to the lad he kept the pretence up for two reps. However, the humiliation was all too much for the old boy and from then on I only saw his back. I did try to keep up when he came zooming past on rep three but to give the lad some credit he’s got some speed when he puts his mind to it.

I ran a pretty solid set of reps finishing each well in the midst of the back group. It was good to be out with similar ability runners: I’m sure I was pushing just that little bit harder than usual. The only thing I don’t quite understand is why my right elbow was hurting when I got back to the office – I don’t recall nudging anyone out of the way but then again it is dog eat dog out there on the canal path.

No comments:

Post a Comment