Tuesday 2 March 2010

Last One

So today was the last training session before Sunday's race. Both the FIRST and Runners World schedules agreed on 400m (make that 90 seconds) reps. OK so perhaps it's a little late in the day to start following a training schedule but as Tesco say "Every Little Helps".

It was sunny with little wind so the Victoria Embankment was the only place to go. And not only me - it seemed every lunchtime runner in London had decided on the same.

Eight reps with full minute recoveries (easy for me to keep track) were the order of the day. Lots of dodging in and out of tourists and other runners kept it all fun while trying not to twist or turn anything that shouldn't twist or turn.

Given my current form I think I'll struggle to beat Kenny in the Berkhamsted Half Marathon on Sunday as he is both stronger and has greater endurance. And beside that I'll be 25 miles away at the time running the Milton Keynes half!

1 comment: