Thursday 25 March 2010

Step-Up Out and Back Run

Out and back run: 15-18 mins out; faster back

And there in lies the problem with this training schedule: it doesn't specify target pace.

So I decided I'd target running out two and a half miles at seven minute mile and head back fifteen seconds a mile faster. The chosen route was Wobbly Bridge north side to Albert Embankment via way of Westminster Bridge and avoiding steps by going round the back of St Thomas hospital.

The wind was generally against me out to the turn but nowhere near as strong as last Saturday. Hitting target pace on the way out wasn't a problem while on the way back I averaged nearer 6:30. So if the wind was giving me say ten seconds per mile that gives me 6:50 out and 6:40 back.

I guess that's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment